THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On being a weather witch

I often say magic is like any other skill.  Most people can learn to plunk out chopsticks on piano, not everyone can play "Fur Elise" (for example).  Most people can manage their way around a track, or kick a ball down a soccer field.  Not everyone will compete in the olypmics or the world cup.  Magic is the same.  Most people can learn simple workings in any field, but some of us are born with inherent talents.  Some are gifted healers, some are psychic or specialize in a certain field of divination.  Some of us have a natural talent for weather control.  I can stave off a storm for a short time by myself usually.  For instance I was having one of my bad days and took off.  When I was a fair distance from home I looked up and realize a nasty storm was brewing.  Just exerting my will, I managed to stave it off until I reached a pavillion in the park.  I mean the second i set foot in the pavillion and released my will, the heavens opened and it poured.  Thunder and lightning flashed.  I wondered if the other patrons of the park noticed the woman who brought the storm with her. I know this could be chalked up to coincidence, but it would sure be a hell of a one.  I also believe in claiming responsibility for your magic.  If I willed it not to rain, and it didn't rain, I'm going to take credit for that.  If you don't have faith in your magic, how can you expect it to ever work? I have often been told it's going to rain when I have plans (neighborhood yardsale, going to fairy festival)  With larger events like these I credit the magic not just to my will, but to others with talent willing it not to rain just as hard as I.  The combine will is enough to change a weather pattern completely.  Now this comes down to a matter of ethics.  Is it wrong to shift weather patterns to suit selfish needs?   Personally it's very rare I use my talent.  I know that we need rain and snow, especially in this area, for the farms. Weather is a natural cycle which mainly should be left alone, and you never know what consequences moving a storm will have.  Another area could get too much rain and flood.  Some witches think weather magic is completely wrong and never should be used.   Should weather witches combine and attempt to call rain in droughts?  What purpose does a drought serve?  That is something I haven't ever tried.  I've never actually tried to call weather, only to hold it off.  I don't have all the answers here.  Just sharing some experiences and thoughts.

0 comments: